Thursday, 18 August 2022

Fire causes evacuation of Henley supermarket

Fire causes evacuation of Henley supermarket

SHOPPERS and staff were evacuated from Tesco in Henley after an electrical fire started at the supermarket this afternoon (Sunday).

Firefighters were called at 3pm and two engines from Reading, as well as appliances from Maidenhead and Wycombe, were on the scene.

Customers were forced to leave behind their trolleys and shopping as they cleared the store, which is off Reading Road.

At about 3.30pm staff were telling customers that the supermarket, which was due to close at 4pm, would not be re-opening. Staff were allowed back in shortly before 4pm.

Incident commander, crew manager Martin Simmonds, told the Henley Standard: “It was a small electrical fault with a fridge. The fire was out on arrival so we isolated the electrics.

“There wasn’t any damage to their food.”

More News:

Genie appeal

A DIGITAL community alert service for Goring is ... [more]


Injured owl

AN injured owl stranded in the middle of a road ... [more]


Scams advice

REPRESENTATIVES of Age UK will be at The Hub in ... [more]


POLL: Have your say